ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM DIARRHEA?
Looking for a health practitioner who not only understands IBS (irritable bowels), but has recovered from it personally?
Look no further! Dr. Karin personally suffered with IBS, and she shares her wealth of information on IBS in her book, "Combat Irritable Bowels". Yes, Chiropractors are more than neck and back pain doctors. Not all chiropractors work with irritable bowels, but we do! On this webpage, we share Dr. Karin's recipe for combating diarrhea specifically.
Click to watch her explain in video formate:
If you suffer from diarrhea:
- Take one cup of water
- Add 1/3 cup of oatmeal
- Cook oatmeal for the time directed (it will be soupy)
- Add psyllium fiber (usually a tea spoon is enough to make it less soupy)
- Add berries, honey and or nuts for flavor.
- Eat for breakfast daily until your bowels are no longer runny
- Then wean down to every other day
- If still doing well for a week, wean down to every third day
- If still doing well for a couple weeks, wean down to eating it every fourth day
Eating this "porridge" every four days should help keep your bowels consistent. This works because it acts like a sponge, soaking up the extra fluid.
This helps the symptoms of IBS-D. It is imperative you work with your health care provider to get to the root cause of your diarrhea. If you are in Bloomington, Indiana, we can help! Dr. Karin is an expert with treating irritable bowels naturally. Usually it does not involve a bunch of supplements, but a simple change in diet and nutrition.
Most people with IBS-D need to remove simple carbs (sugars - including some fruits), add probiotics (especially with planetarium), add more soluble fiber (yes, soluble fiber is good even for diarrhea), and avoid chemicals and hormones (often found in packaged foods). We are here to help you learn more.
I hope this encourages you to make an appointment.
to schedule an appointment.
Drummond Chiropractic, LLC
Best Chiropractors in Bloomington
565 N Walnut St
Bloomington, IN 47404
(812) 336 - 2423